Saturday, November 03, 2007

Thanks

In honor of the month of Thanksgiving, I'm going to share a little something that I am thankful for. Now, I make these lists frequently and I like to share; however, I often leave my family off the list. If you know me, you know that I love my family and believe them to be a blessing to me in many ways. I prefer not to cram this down your throats. I simply make it a point to cram my gratitude down their throats. Haha. Anyway, I know they top the list, and they know this too. I'll leave the mushy stuff for another time.

One of the many things I'm grateful for is inner peace. I'm not one of those calm, mellow gals who easily glides through life. Rather, I tend to be anxious, a bit scattered, and sometimes suspicious. When I have moments of inner peace, the world seems to stop, or at least slow down. On the way to the knitting group, I like to roll down the windows, crank anything by The Killers, and sing at the top of my lungs. After the kiddos are sleeping, I like to knit and watch the shows I missed during the hustle of getting the kids to bed. I enjoy karaoke and DDR on the PS2. I like breathing in downward-facing dog and seeing my toes in red.

Peaceful moments are few and far between, so I appreciate every one of them.

3 comments:

Enid said...

Sounds like my kind of inner peace. ;)
I hope you have a good night.

Anonymous said...

you're definitely not alone on this! i find it difficult to relax, but when i do, i try to revel in it as much as i possibly can!

Amysatx said...

As I was knitting today I was thinking about how it was the most relaxed I felt in a long time!