Friday, November 16, 2007

Sweetness Squared

I nursed 16 (or maybe 15) balls of Rowan Tapestry before I finally decided to suck it up and buy The Tapestry Collection and pick a sweater pattern. Here is some of Marsh:


I'm so glad I opted to buy the book because I was initially looking at top-down, in the round patterns, which this yarn just can't handle, due to narrow striping. I'm on the third and fourth balls (out of 10) and feeling pretty fine. With all the curly stockinette--and the fact that the second half is out of the frame--it doesn't look like much, but it's mine.

See the kitty? 2Pac joined our clan a few weeks ago. My neighbor's daughter is allergic to him and reluctantly let him go. He's as sweet as he looks.

La familia went to Austin yesterday. Senor spent around a half hour in Golfsmith and came out with this:


Never mind that he was going to battle traffic to get my mom and me to Hill Country Weavers, he came out with a present for me. What did I do to deserve him? I dunno. The question is, whom did he piss off to deserve me? Haha. I love tennis as much as he loves golf (I gave up golf in favor of my sanity), but he chose this net in favor of a new driver for himself. I guess this Christmas will look pretty good for him this year.

3 comments:

Asal392 said...

wow, so that's where all that yarn will be used for(or at least some) it looks really nice.

your kitty is so cute, I like seeing them but I too, could never own one due to alleries:(

Lucky you! Have you ever gave thought that maybe you husband is trying for a GOOD X-Mas ;)

Courtney said...

what a cute kitty! are his eyes really blue like that?

Amysatx said...

Check out my blog! I've tagged you for a NaBloPoMo meme!