Wow, I have not posted to this blog since August. I hardly know what to say, which is odd because I always have something to say about almost everything. There is, however, an explanation as most of you are aware. Eight hours after my last post, my mom died. I spent a good deal of time in the pissed off stage of grieving, resulting in both insomnia and tons of knitting. Go figure.
Anyway, I was just tossing around the idea of starting a new blog and saying sayonara to this one. Why? Over the last few months, life has gotten bigger. My mom's death taught me a lot of things, the greatest being that I still have a lot to learn about everything. But I'll save that explanation for another day. For now, I will keep this blog because it just seems silly to open yet another account and besides, I still think and I still craft. Am I babbling? You betcha.
Last month, I finished the inaugural San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, which I did not train for. I have done this before (half marathons sans training, I mean), so I should have known that it really is a bad idea to do a half marathon without training (what can I say, I put the "j" in "genius"--yeah, it's funnier when you say it aloud). Regardless, I earned another fat medal for the R'n'R series (I also did the Country Music Half back in April), and I will receive another medal in the mail in a few weeks for completing two half marathons in the series in one year. Hooray for me. Since giving up half marathons is out of the question for me, I have actually been exercising regularly since SA and am feeling much better these days. Consistent exercise is good for me? Who knew!
I am declaring 2009 to be "The Year of Michelle." What does this mean? It means that good things are going to happen for me, which in turn, will mean that good things will happen to those around me. I will become a healthier, happier version of myself because there is always room for improvement. I have realistic, measurable goals, with plenty of rewards and consolation prizes.
For now, I am going to leave you with this thought. Everyone has moments of loneliness. When you have yours, I want you to know that no matter who you are or how little we know of each other, there is a strong possibility that I am thinking of you at that very moment, hoping that you're well.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Say What!
Brought to you by the bloggeress
Michelle
at
4:23 PM
I call 'em El Ano de Michelle, Real Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
This was the best post I've read in a long time. And you are right good things are going to come to our babbling, mumbling cognitve crafter. Don't go changin'......lalalalala. (you know I'm singing at ya.)
What an AMAZING post - TY for doing that.... and you know - You are being thought of too!!!
I think the Year of Michelle needs a logo - don't you? hmmmmmm
You better think of me..at least once..maybe more. LOL Awesome post.
I'm so glad you're back, and with a great 'return post'! (And my verification work is tationsi - like "A tation? Si, I'll have one!" Probably only makes sense to those of us who don't think it's odd to hear Spanish and English in the same sentence!)
Post a Comment