"A little bit of resolve
Is what I need now."
--Foo Fighters, "Resolve"
It is 4 AM PST, and I am hammering away at my parents' computer. I'm on my third trip out here to my hometown this summer. While I'm here with the worst case of insomnia, my mom is in the other room in a comatose state.
What happened? I'm not sure. One minute, she was sitting in her chair, knitting away, planning yet another trip to her LYS. One minute, she was helping me get dressed for my wedding. One minute, she was crying tears of ecstasy for the births of my kids. One minute, she was discussing the merits of Kat Von D. eye shadow and red lipstick. One minute, she was planning on getting tatts with me.
The next minute, she wasn't.
Let me say that my previous post was partially correct. It wasn't the end of the line for her at that time. I closed the 1200-mile gap between us so that I could help her find answers to her medical issues. When I got here, she didn't look like herself. When she left my house in May, she had back pain and chronic itching, so much so that she couldn't find relief; therefore, she slept little and often found herself crying in the night. So even though she didn't want to leave, she returned home because she knew that something wasn't right. When I saw her a month later, she could barely move. Her doctor had ordered her a wheelchair.
Skip, skip, skip ahead...
It's been a little over a month since my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. I don't know if she can make it though the weekend, and if she does, I don't know how much longer she will last. My beautiful mother.


5 comments:
Oh Michelle, having gone through this with my mom, I know how hard it is. I don't know what to say because I know that nothing I say will make it hurt less or help. My thoughts are with you and your lovely Mom. Be strong and give her a kiss and hug from me. Such a sweet sweet lady. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Got your email. I am so sorry.... Your Mother was a beautiful lady and will be missed. {{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}
Let me know when you get back in town and we can hold an special SnB in her honor.
((((Michelle)))
We're here for you.
I am checking in on you, girlie!
Hey! Go to Ulta, that's where I got a free sample! They are in the Quarry. My cheap L'Oreal stayed uncreased for at least 6 hours. BTW, L'Oreal Lash Out mascara has been my standard for 20 years. Grab a tube next time you see it on sale and try it!!
Post a Comment