Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FO

Pattern: Simple Hat [and Scarf--but I only knit the hat]
Source: Cables Untanged, by Melissa Leapman
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted; Fuchia colorway
Needes: US 8 Addi Turbo 16" circ; US 8 DPNs
Modifications: shorter brim because I don't like folding the brim on my hat

I started this pretty late last night. After casting on, I wasn't sure how I felt about the yarn because of its inconsistensies, like Manos del Uruguay or Noro Silk Garden. After about an inch of the brim, things evened out fairly well. Instead of knitting the accompanying scarf, I will be knitting the His/Hers Reversible Cables from the same book.

4 comments:

coastergirl said...

absolutely beautiful fo's - I am DROOLING!!!!!!!!

Enid said...

:D
Pretty and it's PINK!!oh wait Fuschia. :D

Very nice.

janna said...

What a cutie! And the hat is nice, too - I've been wondering what I should make with that Malbrigo I just bought, and this may be the answer. I even own the book!

Amysatx said...

Love the hat!! I have some malabrigo I'm trying to figure out what to do with-thanks for the idea!!