After all the heartache from sock-knitting, I decided to indulge my second-sock syndrome (Embossed Leaves from Favorite Socks) and and knit something from my Ravelry queue.
Pattern: Ballet T-Shirt, 2T-4T
Source: Loop d Loop by Teva Durham
Needle: US 10 1/2 Knit Picks Options circ
Yarn: 2 skeins Lion Brand Microspun
Results: After 5 1/2 (non-consecutive) hours of knitting, you are looking at one happy little princess. I made the top a little longer than the pattern called for so my wee one won't look hoochie. This is pretty stretchy, as stated in the book, so she'll be able to wear it for a while.
Speaking of the wee one, she is with her bro and her dad having dinner at her grandpa's house. I opted to stay home today because I haven't been able to run all week because of a sprained ankle. With the Country Music Half Marathon only 10 weeks away, yes, I'm in a bit of a panic. So before Senor and the kidlets took off, I had the man tape up my foot. I've never had to have this done before, even though I've wrapped dozens of ankles in the past. The first mile felt pretty good, so I tried some running and that felt fine too. However, I decided to wait until Tuesday's easy run to really test out the foot, since I've been nursing it on the elliptical all week.
Today's 5-mile walk (instead of a 7-mile run) was therapuetic. For the last two days, I've been in a mood. Some of it was the weather, some of it is just being lame. According to the calendar, none of it is biological. Anyway, it was nice to see other people out just enjoying the day. I also got to see a moon during daylight hours, and you have no idea how much that tickles me. The fact that my ankle is on the mend (seriously, it was a pretty bad sprain) didn't go overlooked. Well, it better be healing because like it or lump it, it and the rest of me has to be ready to hit the road for 13.1 miles of running and country-music goodness.
With my head back in the game, it's on to the second sock.


2 comments:
Very cute! She does look quite happy with her new top. Hope the ankle continues to mend.
She looks really pretty in it...I hope your ankle healed soon enough for the marathon...=0(
Post a Comment