Wow. It has been quite a while since I've been around this blog. In fact, I've even fallen off the Ravelry bandwagon. We've had a lot going on around here lately and I've pretty much let myself become engulfed with the drama and the exhaustion that results. In fact, my knitting mojo is currently a no-go; however, I managed a few FOs that I'll post at a later time. The last couple of months can be summarized with a much-needed visit from Mum, a death in the family, a half marathon, a fourth birthday, and a career change.
By the way, Mum is now on Ravelry (Amimoto). I haven't posted the pics of her projects (as I am the recipient of several), but I'll do that when I post my FOs.
Instead of leaving you with a vague--and might I add, lame--post, I have some recommendations/reviews of products that currently make me smile.
1. Got adult acne? Murad may have a solution. My mom gave me the Acne Complex Kit a couple of years ago, right before a dermatologist handed over yet another Retin-A prescription. After a couple of years of peeling and redness, I finally divorced Retin-A once and for all. So I'm on the Complex and feeling pretty spiffy about it. I don't break out as badly as I would without the products and it doesn't leave me with flakey red patches. Very nice.
2. Even with the Murad, I still wasn't able to wear make-up until I revistied the Benefit counter. Since Bare Minerals and other mineral-based make-up turns flaky on my skin, I turned to the gal at the Benefit counter at Macy's who got me hooked on You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer and Get Even Pressed Powder. So now, I can be shine-free enough and the skin tone on my face can match the color of my neck, all without making my face look like a horror-movie special effect. Mothers of small children thank me.
3. I never understood what woman were talking about when they made connections between aging and hair. I get the whole color issue (as my grays threaten to overrun my dark browns), but the condition issue baffled me. Until now. After a year and a half of home coloring kits, my hair felt like, well, an old lady's. You know what changes my straw to strands of silk? Biosilk. I bought it at Costco, of all places. The directions read to shake the bottle first, then slop it on your hair (okay, they don't exactly use that term). Since I have fine hair, I don't use much, but my hair is oh-so pretty and soft that I feel like one of those ridiculous models on TV. You know, the ones who advertise the conditioners that don't work. Ahem.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Under the Radar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Just another thought on the hair issue...After years of using Natural Instincts dye from Target, I recently had my rapidly graying, baby fine hair colored at the salon with semi-permanent dye (I believe it was an Aveda product) and not only did it cover the gray (my mother said it wouldn't), but it left me with silky strands. It was a little bit pricey, but not as bad as I thought it would be. At this point, having brown hair is worth it.
Welcome back! We've missed you. :)
Post a Comment