Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tootin' My Own Horn


Here is a brief update on the progress of Senor's socks. Bless his heart, he looks over my shoulder and tells me how good it looks and that no matter how they come out, he's going to wear them. That doesn't put any pressure on me to get this right...

The sock is coming along nicely, thanks to help from Wendy on the heel turn. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying the process of knitting socks. I feel like I'm high-fiving the women of yesterday, who had to develop the patterns for themselves, while their men had to live with uncomfortable socks until the women perfected the process. Anyway, this is only my third knitted project, but at this rate, the pair of socks will be my second completed project. I've only been knitting for two months, so I'm feeling rather spunky.

I know it looks odd. Sure, it looks big, but you know it's true what they say about men with big feet...they wear big socks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, the socks are coming along nicely! Very good for your third project. I'm so proud >sniffle<
Eileen

Michelle said...

Ahh... Eileen... The lady who started it all (for me, anyway). *applause*

Chris said...

Wow, that's amazing for a 3rd project! Janna sent me over to say hi. :)

janna said...

I guess I should say hi, too....