It was hard to make the 1,300 mile drive to California just to stay for only 3 days. In fact, budgeting time and still not having adequate time to visit with friends and see some sights leaves some scars. In a way, it would have been easier emotionally to just have Mijo flown home.
Before I start blubbering all over my keyboard, take a look at this...
As you can see, we made a little trip to Trader Joe's. When in Redlands... Anyway, I found soy nuts covered in chocolate, as well as edamame covered in chocolate. I have never heard of such a thing. However, I feel healthier already--heehee. Anyway, they also sell Italian-style Espresso soda, which is pretty darned tasty, considering I don't even like regular espresso. I had to make a run to Vons too to get some Abba Zabbas. They are my favorite candy and I haven't seen them in San Antonio for less than $1.29/bar. I don't love them enough to pay that much. Since Vons carried them in convenient little snack-sized packs, I bought 5. Yep. Five.
By the way, this pic was taken in our hotel room in Indio. On day one of the trip home, we made it as far as Indio, approximately two hours from where we started. Call me crazy, but Mijo and I were having a hard time leaving my mom, so Senor suggested we stay in Indio so we can relax by the pool and get an early start the following day. I married a genius, I tell ya. At 6 PM, it was around 101 degrees, so the pool was perfect. The kids had a blast and we all slept like logs.
Believe it or not, I've received not one, not two, but three requests for knitted Clapotis (I'm not going to try to plural it). I guess my Clapotis made with Mountain Colors Alpaca Blend made that pattern look goooood. So I've been getting some knitting done...

This picture cracks me up because it looks like I'm knitting a big ol' pair of granny panties. Well, they would be cute on a tushie...


4 comments:
Trader Joe's had chocolate covered Edemame? I was just there last week and didn't see that! I might have to go tomorrow!
I want a Trader Joe's. Please.
Welcome back! Yikes - double dose of the clap...what are you using for each?
Welcome back! We missed you!!! I've seen (& bought) Abba Zabba bars @ Central Market but can't remember how much I paid-love them! Hope you can join us for SnB and bottomless mimosas on Sunday!
Post a Comment