A fabulous thing happened to me last Sunday night. I started knitting Fetching with some yummy alpaca from Elann, a gift from Maryzlittlelambs. I cast on at Candlelight, and, as usual, made so many mistakes that I ended up frogging when I got home. Since it's such an easy pattern and the yarn kept winking at me, I simply recast and went about my business.
When I make Fetching, I generally make them a little longer than the pattern instructs, simply because I like the wrists a little slouchy and my knuckles covered up. Therefore, I made the gloves to my specifications. Once I finished the first glove, I was in Heaven. Not only had I completed something, it is something I like made from a yarn that I melt with from a person I adore.
Then came the problem: I didn't pay much attention to the ball of yarn as I was knitting; therefore, I didn't notice that it was quickly dwindling and leaving me short for the other glove. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
However, all is not lost. Knitting fever has returned, my friends. I ran upstairs to my stash, spread my arms out wide, and said, "Momma's back, babies. Who wants a hug!" And wouldn't you know it, two skeins of Noro Kureyon (also a gift from the same giver) grabbed SNB Nation and opened up to reveal a pair of fingerless gloves. The Lion Brand Landscapes asked if I'd make them into a bag, and numberous skeins volunteered to become shrugs, shawls, and scarves.
It's nice to feel normal again.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Ah, There it Is!
Brought to you by the bloggeress
Michelle
at
12:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey! I got my knitting mojo back for a little bit, too. It's good to knit
Welcome back to the land of the knitting! Anxious to see pics of your new projects!
I am soooo glad that I could assist in helping you get back the mojo. ...uh...knitting mojo that is!!!!s
Welcome back dear! I knew you wouldn't be away for long.
Post a Comment