Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Calorie-free, my ass ;)



Here is the truth, uncensored. This may not look like much to normal knitters, and it doesn't seem like much to me either. My mom decided to try knitting a sock so I spread the stash out on a piece of quilt batting. This is just sock yarn. You and I both know that sock yarn comes in heftier skeins and even though they cost more (sometimes), you can get an entire project out of one skein (sometimes). Therefore, sock yarn is considered calorie-free stash, yes? Not according to Senor. Until calorie-free equals cost-free, duty-free, or just plain free, he gets a bit stressed when the subject comes up.





Since I don't like stressing Senor out with life's cruel reality, this is what he actually sees. We'll call it reality de Senor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stash is most definitely in the eye of the beholder.

Amysatx said...

My yarn is scattered all over the house. It makes it seem like I have less yarn then what I really do. If all my yarn was in one place, my DH would be shocked at the amount!! He'd have no say in the matter, but he'd be shocked.

Enid said...

psst.!! I have a secret I learned from a fellow knitter. you know those Space vaccum BAGS. Okay so here we go.
A couple of those. In a long container under my bed and only the stuff I'm working on next to my chair in the living room in a medium sized basket.

Everyone is at peace. HEEHEE.

Kim said...

If your husband is like mine it all looks the same to him and he has no idea if anything new is added to the mountain.

I think he's afraid to look directly at me stash anyways...