Saturday, September 29, 2007

Too Much Fun to Resist

I've been tagged by Susan for this meme. The only downside of it is that my name has 8 letters and I don't have a nickname. However, I love stuff like this, so here goes.

I'm going to list one relevant fact per letter of my first name. Then I'll tag as many people as the number of letters in my name to do the same thing on their blog. If you don't have a blog, just leave it here in comments. (So the trick here is finding a relevant fact about myself. Hm.)

M: Manicure. My family has told me on more than one occasion that in terms of personality, I'm masculine. I tend to agree, but when it come to frou-frou-la-la stuff like hair, nails, make-up, etc., I'm all feminine. I enjoy sitting in a big cushy chair while someone rubs oil into my hands and feet. Because I don't like paying someone to file my nails crooked (and it has happened more times than it should have), I DIY my manis and pedis and have become quite good at it. I have a surprising amount of junk, really.

I: Inspired. I find inspiration for many things in many different places. My mom, sister, and daughter inspire my crafts in terms of color palettes and mediums. Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters and a little band from the '90s called Nirvana inspired me to learn the drums. My hubby inspires me to kick complacency in the butt. The list goes on, really.

C: Crafts. You could have guessed this one, right? I dig all kinds of crafts, including knitting, crochet, card making, origami, sewing, scrapbooking, polymer clay, felt, jewelry, etc. I believe that nourishing both the intellectual and creative personas to maintain balance.

H: Healthier. I'm trying to eat better and exercise more. After all, the calories burned by knitting equal the calories consumed by a stalk of celery. Whenever I finish a big project, my ass feels like the couch--wide and squishy.

E: Elation. On 11/20, Senor and I are hitting the AT&T Center to check out a little band from the '80s called The Police. Stewart Copeland is my second favorite drummer and dang, he's still got it going on.

L: La la laaaaaaa...! In the car, at home, at the store, I sing and dance and I don't care who's watching--for the most part, anyway.

L: Lust. Life is about balance. My life is full of love from family and friends. I'm young(ish). Everyone has lustful urges. I'm admitting mine. I lust after my husband. I feel a little something about delicious yarns. I even get little bits of wanderlust.

E: Education. It was the first thing that I started and finished as an adult. Education breeds well-rounded people. I don't believe that a person has to pursue it in the classroom.

Let's see, I'll tag...Mary, Courtney, Amanda, David, Elizabeth, Jared, Mike, Anissa, and for good measure, Susan (Mike's wife) and Eli.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm stuck on letter E of the alphabet meme I'm attempting to do, so I'm not sure I'll be much fun with this one. My name has 8 letters!